16 Lucille Ball Quotes To Celebrate The Birthday of a Star
What better way to remember Lucille Ball on her birthday than with some famous and humorous Lucille Ball quotes? Few women will ever enjoy the fame and adoration experienced by this American icon. Let these 16 famous quotes remind us of just how unique and fabulous Lucille Ball truly was.
1. “I think knowing what you cannot do is more important than knowing what you can do. In fact, that’s good taste.”
2. “Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.”
3. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.”
4. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.”
5. “If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more you do, the more you can do… and don’t you forget it!”
6. “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”
7. “In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.”
8. “A man who correctly guesses a woman’s age may be smart, but he’s not very bright.”
9. “Life’s a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!”
10. “Women’s lib?…It doesn’t interest me one bit. I’ve been so liberated it hurts.”
11. “How I LOVE LUCY was born? We decided that instead of divorce lawyers profiting from our mistakes, we’d profit from them.”
12. “I’m happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.”
13. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
14. “I’m not funny. What I am is brave.”
15. “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
16. “I was shy for several years in my early days in Hollywood until I figured out that no one really gave a damn if I was shy or not, and I got over my shyness.”
Lucille Ball truly was an inspiration. Not only was she one of the most powerful women in Hollywood in her day, she was also a true class act and a genuinely good person. These 16 Lucille Ball quotes remind us just how much of a difference one person can make in the lives of many.
125cc Scooters 5 Tips To Preserve You Secure Should Your Bike Fail
One of the main differences a scooter or moped user faces when compared to a car driver is the situation regarding emergency repair or servicing. Of course, there are plus points as well as negative points to riding a 50cc or 125cc scooter when it comes to getting your moped repaired. Here, I will list the top five differences between an emergency situation in a car and that when riding a moped or scooter, and how to overcome any problems you may encounter.
1 A roadside breakdown in a car is often less of an immediate problem than one on a scooter or moped. Unless you’re unlucky enough to have broken down on the motorway, it is likely that you will be able to remain in your car and, depending on the nature of the breakdown, remain relatively safe and warm while waiting for the emergency services to come and sort you out. If you are riding a 50cc or 125cc scooter, you certainly won’t be on the motorway as that is not permitted. However, you will be out in the elements, and possibly for hours waiting for a service vehicle to arrive. Here is where your safety gear provides you with warmth as well as protection.
2 Making sure you have the correct roadside cover for your moped and scooter journey is vital. Once the rescue vehicle arrives it will often be a simple job to load your scooter onto the back of the van or wagon. This is often a simpler process of having to have a car towed. It is very unlikely that an engineer will attempt a roadside repair for your moped, particularly if it is dark. The same cannot be true of large vehicles were a roadside repair is often the first thing attempted.
3 The various UK-based insurance deals I have seen for scooters and mopeds, particularly under 50 cc and 125cc engine sizes does not offer a “drive you home” service.
Generally, they will take you and your scooter or moped to the maintenance centre or the nearest insurer approved barrage and that will be as far as your cover or insurance goes. For this reason it is very advisable for riders of motorbikes to have a few pounds on them, and certainly their mobile phone. You may well need to contact somebody to pick you up and get you the rest of the journey home. At least you know you’re scooter is safe at garage, and hopefully the insurance you have will cover any repair costs.
4 Depending on the damage to your vehicle, you will find major differences in the amount of work that unauthorised garage will carry out a moped or scooter when compared to a car. This is because in essence, they have collateral to carry out the repairs in terms of the value of your vehicle. A damaged 50cc scooter may well be worth less than a couple of hundred pounds, and no dealer worth their salt would carry out repairs cost more than the expected resell cost of the vehicle they are working on. You will almost every need to contact your insurer and pass on any details, probably including a “works notice” to the garage before any work will be carried out. Scooters and mopeds above 125cc often have different insurance deals and may not suffer from this issue.
5 Finally, you will likely benefit from lower storage costs if you are unable to pick up your moped or scooter in the very short term. In many cases charges will charge a small fee of a few pounds to store a car or large vehicle, but it is very unlikely and very rare for them to do this for motorbikes, scooters or mopeds. Hopefully you will be able to organise transport to go and pick up your 50 CC or 125 CC scooter at your earliest convenience without incurring a daily charge.
If you are already a car driver, it’s easy to make a mistake and assume that insurance for scooters and mopeds is similar to the type you’re used to with your larger vehicles. This is very rarely the case. There are numerous circumstances in which you can be left scratching your head and wondering why costs are not covered all you left high and dry on the roadside. My recommendation for any moped or scooter rider is to read the small print carefully and take sensible precautions to mitigate any shortcomings in your insurance policy.
7 Of The Funniest Things People Have Insured
When you think of insurance what springs to mind? Insuring your car, home, pets, travel insurance or even your mobile phone? Sure these are all of your standard everyday things that you want, and in many cases need, to get insured, but it doesn’t end there. You can pretty much insure anything, depending if you can find an insurance company that will actually underwrite what it is that you want to insure.
I’m sure you’ve all heard of sportsmen and women getting their legs, feet, hands or arms insured for extortionate amounts, as well as singers getting their voice boxes insure in case anything happens to them. However, there really are some bizarre things that people have insured in the past. That’s why we’ve established a list of the 7 funniest things that people have insured. Funny, weird, bizarre, however you want to look at them, just take a look at what people have been paying protection on:
1. Alien Abduction
Straight in there with possibly the strangest insurance policy I think anyone can think of. A certain Captain Beaney decided to get himself insured against the threat of Alien Abduction in 2001. For a measly sum of £25 to £50 for the actually policy itself, the payout was well into its millions. We suspect though that small print would have stated the payout would be over the next couple of million years, this is outer space we’re talking about after all.
2. Death by Crab
The National Sealife Centre in Birmingham decided to take out a policy for its visitors against the threat of death and permanent disability caused by one of their attractions – the Japanese Giant Crab. The sum of the insurance was 1 million. We doubt there’s anything fishy going on here at all, it’s just better to make it a safer plaice – apologies for the fish puns.
3. Footballing Woes
In 2002 a diehard England football fan obtained an insurance policy protecting himself against severe physiological trauma as a result of England’s premature exist from the 2002 football World Cup held in Japan and South Korea. I’m sure there are plenty of football fans all over the world contemplating that policy right now as we speak.
4. Ghostly Goings-on
A hotel in Lowestoft, Suffolk called the Royal Falcon insured all of its staff and guests against death and disability caused by the resident poltergeist and other paranormal activity they had been experiencing. Despite the assurance of insurance, the next time you’re in Lowestoft I’m sure you’ll have second thoughts staying there.
5. It’s not a laughing matter
In 2001, comedian Rich Hall insured himself against permanent loss of humour. Now if you can find an insurer who will pay out the £1 million that Rich was insured for, we hope you won’t be joking. We like the way he was insured for permanent loss of humour as opposed to temporary loss; preventing any would-be comedian from seeking out payment if they had a bad gig or too. I’m sure the insurer wouldn’t be laughing.
6. Speech Loss Protection
James Whale is a well known British radio and television host and in 1998 he opted to insure his tongue for fear that he would lose his voice. The sum was for £1 million. Whale was known for his aggressive presenting style and would often hang up on callers that he disagreed with; we bet that any offended listeners wouldn’t care too much if his voice were to ever go.
7. Christmas Cover
Andrew Areoff managed to secure an insurance policy in 2001 against “naff Christmas presents”. His policy cost him all of £500, and can claim up to £1 million if necessary. That’s the last time his wife ever buys him the statutory Christmas jumper.
7 Great Ways to Learn Chinese
Chinese has a reputation as a hard language to learn. It has such an air of mystery; it looks and sounds nothing like English. But put your fears behind you and you’ll find Chinese is not so mysterious after all. Here are seven great ways to learn Chinese:
1. Begin with a good audio-based course. This can be a class taken at a school or university. The lessons can be taught online. Or, you can pick up some excellent packages on CD or DVD at your local bookshop, or download programs onto your computer or MP3 player. But if you want to speak the language, it’s vital that the material is presented in a way you can hear. Books alone will not do. So lesson one of the seven great ways to learn Chinese is: find a method that works for you, but make sure it’s an auditory method. I recommend you use the interactive and affordable Rocket Chinese language course to do this with.
2. Schedule a time to study. You may reply, “But that’s why I’m doing the class online (or using CDs, etc.) I can’t fit studying into my schedule at any particular time.” Keep this attitude and you’ll never get anywhere. There must be some time you can devote to learning Chinese every day. Maybe it’s in the car while you’re driving to work, or early in the morning before everyone else gets up. When you study doesn’t matter; the fact that you study the same time every day does. So lesson two of the seven great ways to learn Chinese is: pick a time to study and stick to it.
3. Take advantage of everything your teaching method offers. Many online computer programs offer not only lessons but games and other learning extensions to help you master the language. DVD-based lessons may have bonus features. If you’re learning Chinese in a classroom, take advantage of any outside opportunities the teacher may suggest, even if they require additional time. Lesson three of the seven great ways to learn Chinese is: squeeze every drop out of your chosen learning method.
4. Find ways to extend your learning on your own. Check out Chinese films, and watch them without subtitles if possible; you may not understand everything, but as you sensitize yourself to the sound of the language, you’ll gradually comprehend more and more. If there is a city with a “Chinatown” near you, visit it and listen to the conversations around you; you’ll be surprised how much you can understand. Lesson four of the seven great ways to learn Chinese is: learning doesn’t stop in the classroom or when the computer is turned off.
5. Watch the way Chinese people form their words. In any language, the way the speaker shapes his lips and uses his tongue makes a tremendous impact on the sound produced. This is often difficult to hear but easier to see. In addition, much is communicated through body language that never makes its way to speech at all. So lesson five of the seven great ways to learn Chinese is: pay attention to all aspects of Chinese communication, not just the sound.
6. Seek out Chinese people and make friends. People are generally delighted when a foreigner tries to speak their language, and you’ll find making friends to be remarkably easy. In addition to improving your social life, your new friendships will build your Chinese language skills at a much faster rate than classroom or online study alone. Lesson six of the seven great ways to learn Chinese is: bring Chinese into your personal life.
7. Practice – a lot! As you walk through your house, identify items whose Chinese names you know: chair, table, bed, door. Ask yourself questions in Chinese: Are you hungry? What time is it? Repeat the sample conversations you’ve learned as part of your lessons. The final lesson of the seven great ways to learn Chinese is: you can never practice too much.
Now, those tips weren’t too hard, and not too mysterious, right? But you’ll be surprised how these seven great ways to learn Chinese help you in your quest to learn a new language – and you’ll be really surprised at the way they transform your life.
10 Ways To Feel Good About Your Life
Feeling good about your life involves just 2 parts. Really! One is to learn to think about yourself in healthy ways. This is a learned skill, ladies and gentlemen, not something that a lucky few were born with.
Some of us were taught as children how to create self esteem and self confidence. If you weren’t, then it’s up to you to learn it as an adult. This is a skill that can be developed by anyone (yes, you too!).
The second part of feeling good about your life involves “making things happen? Seeing yourself being successful ?at anything! ?builds the blocks of confidence. So the next time you are faced with a difficult task, you have effectively taught yourself that you can handle it. .
Here are 10 Ways To Feel Good About Your Life:
1. Never stop questioning. Every time you feel frustrated with a task, ask yourself, “How is this contributing to my ultimate goal?? “How can I do this better, faster, easier, simpler, and even more fun??
2. Don’t give up on life. Be interested and curious about yourself and about others. Don’t assume that’s “just the way it is? Look for the choices behind your results.
3. Accept your weakness. Everybody has them (yes, everybody!). Instead of spending your time and energy trying to “overcome? make friends with it, and make it work for you. Where would NYPost Columnist Liz Smith be without her “weakness?for gossip?
4. Don’t stop learning. The brain is a muscle just like any other, and it will stagnate if you let it. Make it your rule to learn something new every day. Then USE what you learn to make your life better.
5. Expect nothing; expect the best. Paradox? No. It just means that you don’t want to miss out on what’s wonderful in your life right now, while you spend all your time peeking around the next corner.
6. Don’t lie to yourself.. Telling lies to yourself is the most harmful form of disrespect. Write out ways in which you are untruthful to yourself, and how to correct it. “I will no longer pretend that overspending my budget is ok?
7. Do plant what you want to grow. Many many people are (figuratively) wondering where the roses are in their life, yet they spend all their time planting and nourishing weeds. You reap what you sow. That’s just the way it is.
8. Don’t live in the past. Let go of things that are draining you. There’s nothing there anymore that you can change or correct — that can only be done in the present. Use Today.
9. Swim with the current. Don’t waste your time complaining about what you can’t control ?like other people. Concentrate on what you CAN control, like who you hug, what you read, when you smile, how much you laugh, where you go, what you do, what you think about.
10. Stand like a Rock. You know what’s right for you –be willing to stand for what’s right for you.
10 Most Common Workplace Injuries And Ways To Minimize Them
Workplace injuries happen all the time. The most susceptible employees who experience workplace injuries are those working in more dangerous areas such as construction sites and factories. However the most common types of injuries which have greatly affected both employees and employers are those that we don’t necessarily think as dangerous but are nevertheless detrimental to the health and safety of workers.
Here are some of the most common and disabling workplace injuries according to the 2008 Workplace Safety Index:
1. Overexertion ” This includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying, and throwing activities at work. Overexertion has consistently been a number one workplace injury among the surveys and statistics.
2. Fall on Same Level Surfaces ” This pertains to falls on wet and slippery office floors. Other related examples are falls and slips especially by elderly people on snow covered pathways on their way to work.
3. Fall to Lower Level – This type of fall happens from an elevated area such as roofs, ladders, and stairways.
4. Bodily Reaction ” These are injuries caused by slipping and tripping without falling.
5. Struck by Object ” Objects that fall from shelves or dropped by another person. These can cause very serious injuries.
6. Struck against an Object – This happens when a person accidentally runs into concrete objects such as walls, doors, cabinets, glass windows, table, chairs etc.
7. Highway Incident – Transportation used for business purposes such as trucks and cars may be involved in an automobile accident just like any regular traveler.
8. Caught in/ compressed by – This type of injury usually occurs in a factory where large and dangerous machinery is used. Sometimes little or no precaution in its usage may endanger the safety of its operators. Exposure to extreme temperature is also an example of this workplace injury.
9. Repetitive Motion – This type of workplace injury is one of those less obvious but definitely harmful ones in the long run. Repetitive motions such as typing and using the computer 24/7 can strain muscles and tendons causing back pain, vision problems, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
10. Assaults and violent acts – Attacks caused by office politics and other arguments have led to serious physical injuries.
Since workplace injuries will surely affect the employee’s physical and mental health, it is clearly stated by the law that they are entitled to receive proper compensation for the damages. Workplace injuries can cause a major disability that is ultimately detrimental to the employee’s work and personal life. So in the event that the company fails to address this concern, the worker may sue the company for the damages and medical expenses.
There are a lot of ways that employers and employees can do in order to prevent work related injuries. First is a careful planning of the office or work area from the location of the equipment, tables and chairs, and also warning signs for other dangerous equipment. Using engineering control systems, work materials can minimize awkward positions, strenuous handling, and repetitive motion problems. Manuals on the proper use of work tools should be regularly updated and enforced to the employees. It is also best if the management can include fitness and exercise programs to avoid overexertion. Finally, employees should realize that being extra careful will definitely go a long way. Preventing work injuries will always be a two way street for both employers and employees.
11 Easy Ways to Handle Stress
One of the most singificant problems human beings face as a general population is how to handle stress. As a life & career expert, and an acclaimed advice columnist, I have compiled eleven of the most significant ways that you can reduce stress in your life. You may not always be able to make stress dissappear, but you can manage it with some very simple techniques.
1. Talk! Don’t hold all your feelings within! Discuss your stressful feelings with someone you trust who will listen without being judgmental or pressuring you to their own point of view. Even if you can’t change the immediate situation, talking about it helps alleviate some of the tension you may be feeling. Supplement the verbalizing with something physical: write it out, exercise or hit a pillow.
2. ACT! Be willing to take risk and make change, no matter how small. Try to change the stressful situation, or at least some part of it. Moving forward in small ways helps you feel empowered and in control. Put one foot in front of the other to move in a positive direction. Soon, the stress will lessen.
3. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! If you learn about how your body reacts to stress, you can also learn how to counter that stress. Learn to listen to your body’s signals and find ways to reduce your stress, even if it’s just “taking five” to clear your mind. Relaxation exercises (E.g. Yoga, meditation, physical exercise) help, too.
4. BE IN CHARGE! Discover what you need to feel good about yourself and get your needs met. Another way to reduce your stress is to find an interest, hobby or activity where you feel in charge and call the shots. If you really feel out of control, don’t stay silent and alone! Seek guidance from someone who is qualified to help you get through the obstacles, and move forward again. If you can’t find someone qualified in your neighborhood or you don’t feel as though you can talk to someone “in person” try a qualified internet counselor. If you would like to talk to ME (Advice Sister Alison) you can find information at
5. DON’T OVERWHELM YOURSELF: If you are stressed and overwhelmed, perhaps you are trying to handle too much. Rid yourself of extra duties that aren’t necessary or important. Learn how to delegate and how to say “no” without feeling guilty. Ask for help if you need it.
6. GET AWAY: Sometimes a change, however small, can do wonders for your spirit. Forget it all for a while–escape! Go somewhere new for a few hours, or a few days if you can afford to. If not, it may be helpful just to “get away” to a warm bath for a little while! A good article on how to create an easy spa experience at home is at:
7. PRIORITIZE: You may not be able to avoid all the responsibilities obligations you currently have, but you can learn how to complete them without resentment and consciously choose how you will handle them.
8. EXTEND YOURSELF: Make your own life better by making someone else’s life better. Give of yourself. Volunteer! You will feel empowered, positive, important…and you will be! Visit and choose an organization you believe in!
9. MAKE SUCCESS HAPPEN! If you can’t change the world, change yourself! Learn how to love yourself as you are, while you work towards your goals. Then, make a commitment to yourself to start improving the things about yourself and your life that (you believe) need it. Instead of immediate, dramatic change, learn to enjoy the journey of lifelong self-improvement. You are always a work in progress. For life & career advice, visit ASK ALISON – Managing Your Life & Career at: for love and relationship advice, visit THE ADVICE SISTERS Relationship Tools For Winners Web Site
10. SOCIALIZE: Spend time with family and friends for love and support. Don’t be afraid to enjoy yourself! Appreciate friendship and let others know you care about them, too. Love may not conquer all, but it’s a great start!
11. LEARN HOW TO BE HAPPY: One thing all of life’s winners have in common is a sense of well-being, a positive attitude and realistic goals. Focus on the good things about yourself, and in your life. Nobody’s perfect. Learn to enjoy the “little things” that make you happy. Count your blessings. Every day, write down on a slip of paper one thing you are grateful for, even if it’s just a sunny day, a friend’s phone call, your cat’s happy purr. Put this “blessing” in a jar along with a dollar or more. Do this for one month. At the end of the month read all those slips of paper and you will realize that life is better than you think! Use the money to do something really special for yourself, or donate it to charity.
Copyright © 2002 all rights reserved by THE ADVICE SISTERS® The Advice Sisters is a registered United States trademark. No portion of this article may be copied or used in any without written permission of THE ADVICE SISTERS. For permissions, suggestions or comments: E-Mail :
7 Tips on How to Satisfy Him in Bed Better Than Any Other Woman
Ladies, if you are serious about satisfying him better than ever before – listen up. Men aren’t as complicated as they may seem at first. If you want to conquer him and make him go insane over you, you have to give him the best sex humanly possible. You have to give him more pleasure in bed than he got from all the other women he’s been with before you. The thing is that you don’t have to be the best in the world, you just have to better than other women he comes across with. And that’s not that hard, considering that the average woman is clueless when it comes to satisfying a guy completely.
I won’t tell you what you would like to hear, I’ll tell you what actually works, in real life. If you to hear fairy tales, you are free to leave, if you want results, read on.
1. Learn how to give proper blow jobs. Really, this is an almost mandatory skill that you have to master. If he ever got better oral from a woman before you, he’ll expect at least the same quality for you. Men rarely go backwards sexually and if he got amazing oral before, he’ll wish to continue getting it from you as well. Learn the art of oral sex and you’ll immediately be among the top 10% of women that know how to satisfy a man completely. A woman that’s great in bed but has no idea how to give proper oral is just considered as incomplete. It’s worth learning it.
2. Do what other women will not. That’s the second step. To truly satisfy your guy you have to be ready to do what other women find “disgusting” or “yukee”. Show total devotion. If you really like this guy there is nothing that can disgust you about him. Swallowing shouldn’t even be a question. Do all the kinky stuff you can imagine and let go sexually. If you are constantly thinking whether doing “this” or “that” will make him think that you are S-word (you know what), you’ll never end up being the best he could have. Let go and be free, have fun with him and make his satisfaction your satisfaction. Deny nothing. If he wants anal, do it, try it. Be open for new things.
3. Show total devotion by being more submissive. It is natural that men want to dominate in bed, so let him do it. Most men feel more manly if they can take control and have sex with you all around the house, take control over you and dominate you. Let him do this, be his “slave” and submit to him sexually, let him do ( and enjoy it ) anything he wants to do with you in bed. Be flexible and open about new things. Be open for learning new things and experimenting, but don’t force things, make things fun instead of forced.
4. Start talking dirty, or dirtier. The right words can be like magic. If you know what to say, when to say it and most importantly How to say it, your man will explode from pleasure instantly. Learn what makes him go nuts and tell the right things at the right moments. Nothing is more boring that a woman that makes no sound in bed and when we have to wonder whether she’s dead or not.
Be active in bed, flexible, let him move you around. Also – if you say the wrong things and are afraid you might sound stupid, you probably will end up sounding stupid. Be confident. If you believe in what you say, anything you say will sound good. That’s why it’s more important how you say it than what you say exactly. Talk dirty to him and Be “dirtier” in every way possible. Be his personal Porn Star and he’ll love you for it.
5. Surprise him when he least expects it. There’s nothing worse than monotony in bed. That’s why you should have sex Outside of the bedroom, as often as possible. Make it memorable. Give him head in the car. Wake him up with a blow job. Have sex in a public toilet, or in his office. When he comes home, “attack” him the moment he comes in the house. Kill the routine. There’s nothing nicer than being wanted. Be sexy for him and initiate things. You should never be asked to go down on him, instead do it yourself and do it for your own pleasure, not his.
6. Work out regularly. Yes, you should take care of your looks as much as possible. Work out regularly, smell good and be as tight as possible. If you are light and easy for him to carry around in bed your sex life will be much more satisfying. This is the cold hard truth. And don’t do this because of him, do it because of yourself. You’ll feel a lot sexier in your own body and you’ll be more self confident.
If you feel sexier in your body you’ll attract him 10 times more sexually. Be fit, eat good food and take care of yourself. Silky, soft skin and a tight body, where you smell amazing will make every guy go mental just when he looks at you. Make this a lifestyle decision (staying fit) and do it together with him. You’ll see how this can transform your sex life completely and you’ll please him much more like this.
7. Role play. Role playing can be great and it will make your sex life a lot more fun. You should role play all the time, but do it sometimes to spice things up. Role playing is great as it gives you freedom to experiment and be somebody else, discover each others fantasies and fulfill them at least in an imaginary way. It’s better if he does it with you, than with somebody else:) Except if his fantasy is having you and your best girlfriend together in a threesome. Well – a girlfriend that really loves him would even do that just to satisfy him.
The good thing is that you already have the right mindset for being a “perfect girlfriend” (or wife) and that’s your willingness to satisfy him. That’s a great quality and it will get you far, as everything you give, comes back, eventually. So give, give and give some more and you’ll see your relationship transform (and your sex life). Start applying some of these essential tips and you’ll go far. Most importantly: have fun!
6 Tips For Success As An Independent Field Inspector
Millions of field inspections are finished each year by thousands of local field inspectors. Many new field inspectors are eager to get started, but enroll for jobs they really should stay clear of. Why? Because they lost sight of the fundamental reason they became a field inspector in the first place – to make a good living.
There are plenty of field inspectors who continue to learn new skills to qualify for the high-paying field inspection jobs that can really increase their income. It’s not uncommon for a capable field inspector to earn $ 75,000 to $ 100,000, but it takes time to gain the skills to get to that level.
To take your field inspection wages from pitiful to profitable, here are 6 tips you must remember:
1. If you’re just getting started, find the national field inspection firms that pay a reasonable price for a drive-by mortgage inspection. These days, that’s $ 15 – $ 20 per inspection. There are many national firms that try to take advantage of “newbies.” hiring them for low inspection fees. Many of these are connected with large, well-known banks and title companies.
Why do they pay so little? Most have many levels of compensation, so the $ 20 inspection fee paid by the lender gets decreased by two or three layers of middlemen, who each take a share, and the local field inspector who does the actual work gets the crumbs. Your solution is simple – refuse to work for these businesses unless they are able to pay you an acceptable inspection fee.
2. Continue to improve your skills and knowledge to obtain the better paying projects and do more advanced inspections, like commercial loss control inspections for insurance companies. Many of these national field inspection firms offer no cost web based training sessions, such as videos or webinars, so you can watch and master new skills.
3. Bring a smartphone with you on the job so you can monitor your email for new inspection jobs. Many companies post new inspections as they become available, which might be any time of the day. By checking your email inbox during the day, you’ll be able to pick up new jobs to perform that same day.
4. Start a sideline referring investment opportunities to local real estate investors. Every community has individuals who are on the lookout for bargain homes to buy, either to “flip” for a quick profit, or rehab and rent for income. They are more than willing to pay a “scout,” like a local field inspector, for a tip on any homes that may be available to acquire cheap. If you’re doing mortgage inspections, you’ll find lots of these homes that have potential as investments. So if you are doing an inspection in a neighborhood where there are neglected properties, like those with neglected yards, pass the details along to investors for a finder’s fee.
5. Reliable field inspectors get the best assignments, and also more jobs sent their way. If you follow the timeline to completion and get your report and photos back before the deadline, you’ll be rewarded later. To make sure you can wrap up your inspections on time, don’t tackle any more projects than you can perform by their deadlines, and stay within your zip code area so you don’t waste driving time and gas. Most inspectors use a 25 mile radius as their work “zone,” and charge extra to do inspections outside that zone.
6. Don’t forget to monitor your business mileage and deduct it as a proper business expense on your annual income tax return. The IRS presently allows 55 cents per mile, which can add up to a considerable deduction for most field inspectors, who put a lot of miles on their vehicles. As an example, a full-time inspector might travel 800 miles a week doing inspections, which works out to 40,000 miles in a year. That’s a $ 22,000 tax deduction, which can help fund a new car.
Like many businesses, success as a field inspector is built one step at a time, and these 6 tips will help keep you stepping in the direction of a high-paying job as an independent field inspector.
10 Best Cheap Electronics To Buy Online
Electronics are good, and cheap electronics are better. Cheap electronics doesnt necessarily mean poor performance and unreliability, either. There are oodles of websites dedicated to providing consumers with top of the line and name brand electronics for a great price. Just because a product has a name brand does not disqualify it from the cheap electronics category. These are 10 of the best cheap electronics that you can get a great deal on from stores online.
Cheap electronics #1: The TV. Whether you are looking for a mega name brand TV or a smaller, less known make of a TV, you will always find competitive prices on the Internet for TVs that are made by Sony, ViewSonic, and RCA.
Cheap electronics #2: Cameras of all kinds. If you are in the market for a video camera, a digital camera, or good old fahioned 35mm camera, you can find super deals online for brands like Polaroid and Thomson, you cant go wrong.
Cheap electronics #3: Car audio equipment. Showcasing brands like XO Vision and Pioneer, you wont find a better deal for your car audio needs than on an online e store.
Cheap electronics #4: DVD recorders. These days the DVD is the way to go for watching movies or backing up computers. Toshiba is just one of the name brands that you will find online in stores.
Cheap electronics #5: Gaming systems. Yep, you dont have to wait in line for hours to get your hands on the hottest gaming systems. Not only that, but many times the online stores are the only places that you can find the systems.
Cheap electronics #6: Computer software. Tons of programs from Microsoft and other makers are available at your fingertips when you shop online, and many times for a lower price than in your local software store.
Cheap electronics #7: Digital picture frames. Top quality frames made from the likes of NuVue and others make shopping online picture perfect.
Cheap electronics #8: Home theater systems. As long as you are shopping for that new TV, why not get the whole theater experience in your home as well, compliments of brands like Onkyo.
Cheap electronics #9: Entertainment furniture and accessories. What good is that new TV and home theater system without stands and mounts from Sauder or TechCraft?
Cheap electronics #10: Portable electronics like the Zune and the Apple Ipod. What more is there to say?
When it comes to searching for cheap electronics online, these are just a few of the name brands and electronics that you will find across the Internet, so go have fun shopping for great deals on cheap electronics in your pajamas already.